SMTP is realised via a mail server that requires authentication. This authentication (so called SMTP-Auth) is realised via a username and a password you receive during the setup of your eMail mail box. There are various graphical how-tos availaible for the most common eMail clients. You will find them here.
- What is a provider change ?
- Why can't I call up my IDN domain with umlauts ?
- Where can I make a "traceroute" under Windows ?
- How do I create eMail addresses (POP3/IMAP/forwarding) ?
- How do I set up my eMail account under Outlook Express 5/6?
You cannot comment on this entry